FAQ - Services
What are the basic services of the funeral director?
Hall Davis & Son Furneral Service basic services of the Funeral Director include:
- The funeral home must be available 24 hours a day to receive calls.
- Execute the proper papers according to state law as it pertains to permission to embalm.
- Execute any special request of the family.
- Obtain necessary information to activate removal of remains with proper authorized permission.
- Dispatch first call persons and vehicle to properly remove the body from the designated location. Hall Davis & Son Funeral Service can coordinate transporting a body form anywhere in the world. This is coordinated by the funeral home, and must comply with FTC and OSHA Rules.
- The funeral home arranges embalming, once they have permission.
- The funeral home sets up time for the family to come in to make arrangements, which are preformed by a licensed Director.
- The Director must comply with FTC rule by providing the family with a General Price List of Goods and Services.
- The Funeral Director obtains Vital Statistic information for the Death Certificate.
- The Funeral Director arranges for the Death Certificate to be taken to doctor for cause of death. Then picked-up and taken to Health Unit where the number of certified Death Certificates ordered by family will be obtained for the family.
- The Funeral Director/Funeral Home coordernates the time and place of service, newspaper notice, ordering of a vault if needed , ordering the casket spray, ordering a police escort, arranging limousines for pickup and filing all necessary forms (Insurance, Permits, Death Certificates, VA, Social Security, etc.)